Plants vs. Zombies Review

Another in the widely popular tower defense genre, Plants vs. Zombies pits a wide array of unique and interesting plants against an equally interesting zombie horde. Defend your house from wave after wave by collecting solar energy to plant rows of defenses to fight off the zombie invasion.


Brittany

Plants vs. Zombies is really fun, and really addictive. I kept telling myself “one more level,” and before I knew it, hours had passed. I really liked the importance on strategy, causing you to use different plants for different things. Each plant does something different, and the zombies the game throws at you are constantly changing. There is always something new you have to deal with. This makes you adapt your strategy and use new plants for these new threats.

Plants vs. Zombies also has really fun co-op. Both players have to manage their own solar energy, but share plants and defenses. I liked the way this changed the way the game is played. Matt was in charge of the defensive plants, and I was in charge of the offensive. To compensate for the added difficulty, the game lets you butter up zombies. By this I mean you can slap some butter on them which freezes them in place for a short time.

I really liked Plants vs. Zombies. It was really well done, with a lot of attention and care paid to every little detail. Plus, it is very bright and colorful, not what you'd expect from a zombie game.

Matt

Normally I don’t like tower defense games. Something about Plants vs. Zombies just hooked me though. Pop Cap Games are experts at delivering short, addictive, charming bits of gameplay. The story mode is fun and challenging, without being too challenging. There is also versus mode, co-op, and mini games, and survival, all of which are great fun. Along with some other side extras, you get quite a lot in this package.

Plants vs. Zombies is charming and funny using only a simple presentation, which is exactly what I needed to be drawn to a game in a genre that I normally am not interested in. It’s tons of fun that can be played in short sessions, or for a long period of time. This is good, because all too often a short session just isn’t enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment